Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hasta luego, baby!

August 6, 2013

I got to Mexico safely. Let me tell you about my adventures thus far!!!

So goodbyes we´re hard. But I got onto my plane safely, and everything is going well! Just to let you know, I might have a lot of misspellings, this keyboard is set up for Spanish! We got some cool keys like ñ and accents and stuff.

My flight to Houston went well. I´m excited to be here . When I got to Houston, my connection was tight, so I was one of the last people on the plane. I didn´t know if there would be any other missionaries on the plane, but when I sat down, I saw a young man in a suit jacket. Elders are so easy to spot! So I ended up having 3 elders on my flight. And I got to sit next to 2 nuns from Mexico! I didn´t talk to them, cause they spoke Spanish, and well, I don´t. At least not yet!

When I got to Mexico, we made it through customs perfectly fine. I pressed the button and got green, so I was happy about that!  At first I thought I was the only sister. But then once a huge group from Dallas came, There were quite a few sisters. That was exciting! Except I don´t know why, but sisters scare me a little bit more than elders. I stuck with my elder friends from Houston, until we got to the bus.

When we were at the airport, I realized I packed really heavily. A lot of the sisters are going to Panama, so they don{t need winter clothing, which is what one of my suitcases is full of. So I guess I did pack pretty light! But it was SUCH a pain to get through the airport. I swore my arms were going to fall off. As we were walking, some guy randomly walked up to me and said ´Hasta luego, baby!´ Haha, I{m already experiencing the crazy people missionaries attract.

Mexico is INSANE. The roads are crazy, everything is a little run down, but it{s really cool! Driving was kind of like Hong Kong, but only on more filthy roads. It was like China! just not as many people. It started to pour as we got to the CCM (MTC in Spanish). So we sat on the bus for a while, until it lightened up. Then we went inside, and the sisters got their packets with name tags and house keys and info while the elders brought in the luggage. Let me tell you what I{ve found out!

My companion will be Hermana Stott. She wasn{t in my group from the airport, so we´ll see what she´s like! I´m senior companion these next few weeks because my name is closest to A in the alphabet (both first and last). I don´t think that entails a lot here at the CCM, but we´ll see! Oh! This is important. My P=days are Thursday. I{ll get to go to the Temple then! But the downside is I don´t have a P=day this week, so it´ll be over a week before you get my email.

The days are PACKED. There{s something planned every 15 minutes. They wrote the schedule in English, but you can tell I´m in Mexico, cause there are quite a few misspellings. I{m just looking at my packet. I got a cool little preaching card like Michelle and Matt had! Sweet. And it looks like I will be in casas (houses). We´ll see though, and I´ll let you know next Thursday! Oh, and on the card, it says my mission ends February 7th, 2015. We´ll see if that´s accurate with transfers, but it´s crazy that I already have an end date!

Tomorrow is my first offical day. I have my name tag, but that´s about it. I´ll get the rest of my information and supplies tomorrow. Well, I´m off! Thanks for all the support, and thanks for all the help in getting me ready. I love you!

Hermana Lau!

No comments:

Post a Comment